I Forge Iron

New Tablesaw + Custom Mobile Base / Stand

Nice saw, nice work on the mobil base, a bit overkill but nice none the less, I buuilt one very similar for my small milling machine.
The one's they sell are pretty flimsy, at least any I've seen, that's why I make my own.

welder19

Looks like you went "all in" :D
Nice setup! I like the level on the base B) Best thing Delta ever did, in my book was to change to the biesmeyer fence system.

Take the blade it came with and use it for junk wood and get yourself a good combo blade to start with. If you have a good saw shop close by, talk to them and see what they recommend for the type of wood and work you will doing. Cheep blades are just that! and some of them scream at working speeds. A good quality blade with good carbide is well worth the money. They will last the home hobbiest a lifetime if properly cared for. Forrest makes excellent blades and they know it (pricey). I only have a couple... Systematic makes good blades as well.

Yah I got some nice freud blades for about 40-50$ range. The one they give you is pretty xxxx. I've only used it to rip some 2x4's. It's hard to order steel for a machine that hasn't been delievered but I wanted to be proactive. The billing slip said 450lb. But there is no way that table saw is 450lbs and unless i'm standing on it and pushing downward off of the cieling. lol I had my doubts on as to how good the biesmeyer fence was and whether it was worth the money, all those doubts are gone. It's true as you can get. Once you have a table saw it makes you wonder how you lived without it. Most of the stands you can buy for these saws are just total garbage, lots of play and flex in the rails so I didn't see much option. I had to build one. B)

Oh the other thing was that when the saw dies this would make a great mobile base for a lathe or sell it to someone else if they still make this same saw with that bases's cabinet dimensions. :D