I Forge Iron

Copper Fold Forming

fesmith

Fold forming is Charles Lewton-Brian's approach to metalworking, using the metal’s plasticity and ductility to make complex forms resembling chased, constructed and soldered shapes from single sheets of metal. Radical changes in cross section are possible in as little as 3-5 minutes. The results are quick and gratifying, and lead readily to new design ideas. The Center for Metal Arts in NY is giving an ongoing series of workshops in beginning and advanced Copper Fold Forming. See the calender for upcoming workshops or go to www.centerformetalarts.com.

Foldforming is sure fun stuff. I've been making some small leaves in copper and directional patterns too. I must be getting senile because his name has vanished from my mind, you know, does big stuff on his power hammer, really neat stuff in aluminum and copper, wonderful, mad skills. I might get up out of my chair to go see him do a class, whatever his name is, help me out here, brain pharts are terrible. ;)