I Forge Iron

In need of prayer!

welder19

Welder, didn't find this post until now. Hope things will be looking up for you, at least heating season is almost over. As my mom is fond of saying, "God writes straight in crooked lines." Maybe this is the reason he had you buy all this stuff over the years, or it's his way of telling you you don't need all that stuff... The meaning is yours to find. I've said one for ya, and hey, your wife did find a job, as measly as it is. Anything helps, yes? Have faith, and maybe even say a prayer for the faceless bureaucrats that will be deciding your case. Good luck, and think positive.

I believe that no matter what happens in our lives that it is all part of God's plan for us, even though more often than not we don't understand it at first it will make sense in the end.
This is one of those times for me in my life, I also think that at times it God's way of testing us to see if we are going to stay strong in our faith and not turn tail and run as soon as the going gets a little rough, or in this case a lot rough.
God is with us through the good and the bad and he expects the same of us. He never said it would be easy but he did say that he would always be there with us.
Well I guess it's part of my stuborness but these times don't even rattle my faith, but does make me ask a lot questions.
Again, thanks for all the prayers and support it means a lot.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Hey Jeffery, How is going? I have been away from the site, so I just saw your post. We are praying for you here at our house. I'm up in north jersey so I understand how tough it is making ends meet here in 'Jersey under good circumstances.
Hoping and praying things get better.
I also believe God has all in his plans even when we can't grasp any of it.
God Bless and Keep the Faith
Tim

Thanks I appreciate it.
Still hanging on, barely, but we're not homeless yet so I still have it better than a lot of people.
No word from SSD yet but that isn't any surprise really.
I am getting low on stuff to sell though so hopefully something happens soon.
I really appreciate all of the prayer support, I know without it we would not be making it at all.

Thank you,
Jeff

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post an update on my situation since I feel I owe everyone who has sent prayers for me.
I have finally been approved for ssd and just received my first check, the one they give you for back pay and will get my first monthly check in two weeks, and just in time, if I did not send money to the mortgage co this week then I would have been in foreclosure.
It couldn't have been any closer but I never lost faith and knew that things would work out. There are still some things to straighten out and we're not completely in the clear but the danger of being homeless is past and I could not be more thankful.
So I just want to say a huge thank you for all the prayers.
Now if all goes well with my workers comp case we will be able to, hopefully, get out of this huge hole of debt that this ordeal has caused, but for now I'm happy just being able to tread water and not actually drowning.

Again, thank you and God bless.
Jeff Hyer and family

Wow, you are my twin..lol..I was and am kind of in the same sitution. I was injured at work, had a 600 pound piece of stone pinch me between it and the inside of a box truck (long story). But I filed for ssdi and I didn't have to fight it, thank god!! Someone was praying for me on that one!! It's not a good thing but it is. I have trouble being only 35 and told I am not allowed to EVER work again.. My piece of xxxx neurosurgen told me that one more injury to my back, in particular my spine, he wouldn't be able to fix me..lol..wtf?! I had a thorocotomy with a 4 level fusion using my two lower ribs instead of putting good old steel in me. BUT, they f'ed up when they patched me back together. The moron a-hole doc doing my lungs and innerds or guts, chopped a bunch of nerves in two BY ACCIDENT and they are all now dead, yey me.. Ok, I rear end the guy in front of me, that's an accident, not permeantly f'ing me up that's just to many drinks the night before doc!

Well anyhow enough venting, maybe someone should say a prayer for me..lol..or better yet that idiot doc that chopped me up..lol..
Glad to hear you are doing better, god bless!

• 1 month later...

Jeff, I am praying for you and your family. I understand your difficulties and pray that the Lord will keep you and your family safe from all harm during these times. I have seen God pull me out of the bottom of the pit time after time in my life and I know that he will also protect you. I have found that he may not pull us from the storm but give us the strength to weather it. Keep the faith.
Mark <><

Spent many days in the pine barrens in my youth. Watch out for the Jersey Devil. God will protect you from the real one.