I Forge Iron

Biggest Anvil Collection in the country?

Good grief, he's even got a German WWII anvil with a hakenkreuz on it lol, didn't know such a thing existed these days.

Speaking of the association, Thomas is ABANA doing ok these days in your neck of the woods? How's COVID affecting that? I live over in Lubbock and the very few of us here have probably had more time over the forge the past couple of months so that's nice!

Well it sure put a stopper to getting together.  I kind of wish their website had a chat or forum function so we could interact online.

I'm annoyed as my job has me in the office full time and I don't get more time in the shop, save that our weekends are less taken up with going places. Also I was about to try to sell off a bunch of the hoard to get shop space and money to pay off my loan to the family funds.  I don't want to get burked cause I'm late with the payment!  Also they can't do the site visit, the first step of getting power to my shop.  So annoyed.

On 12/8/2012 at 8:45 PM, njanvilman said:

No publisher yet.  I figure I have got to get the manuscript mostly done before I get to that step.  Crazy thing is that I have got to set a deadline sometime.  Interesting Fisher stuff is still out there.  Just like Postman found out as soon as his book was printed, more information will continue to appear.

I read this old thread about Anvil Collections and came across this.  I don't even remember writing it.  The answer is:  Yes, my book is done, and I am expecting delivery this week.  I self published.  I set my self a deadline to have it ready for ABANA 2020.  That forced me to finish.   I will post information about availability as soon as I physically have the books.

In the 10 years since this thread was started, the "Fisher & Norris Factory Museum" collection has about doubled in scope.  As I predicted in 2010, I found tons more information about Fisher History and artifacts.  I think everyone who reads the book will enjoy the information I present.