I Forge Iron

Mastercrafts BBC tv

It could have been better but then again it could have been a lot worse. I agree that Monty Don is a bit of a tool but hey, he's helping to raise the crafts profile so don't burn his house down. I laughed at the bit where a hot cut was left in the hardy and was surprised that the cockney lad scored so poorly but one mans taste is not another's.
Overall it was an enjoyable show and entertaining, which is what telly is all about right?
John B, is that convention free or does it require a ticket? If I can make it over there (no transport per seh) I'd like to, if only for the chance to network and meet up with folks

Hi Ian, Yes it is free, there maybe a small cost for the buffet, but the meeting is fre. There is also another meeting scheduled for the day after regarding the future of blacksmithing,

This is the information I have been given that is being circulated to all concerned (supposedly)

As a group of concerned blacksmiths we invite you to a heritage ironwork forum.

Heritage craft skills accreditation schemes are being developed by government and funding agency initiatives. It is expected that starting this year craftsmen will have to acquire a CSCS heritage skills card to demonstrate competency before they can be awarded contracts on heritage projects.

Consultation……if standards are going to be insisted on, then as blacksmiths let’s have our say! Everyone who is interested in or working on heritage ironwork come along and get involved.

WHEN; 10am to 4pm Sunday 21st March 2010

WHERE; Rural Crafts Centre on the Holme Lacy Campus, Holme Lacy, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR2 6LL

Free entry but please bring your own packed lunch. Tea & Coffee will be provided.

CONTACT; It would be very helpful if anyone wishing to attend could let us know by contacting;
Bethan Griffiths T: 01483 20 20 27 M: 07941 127 024 E:bethan@bethangriffiths.co.uk

This recommendation/legislation is well on the way to being already established, and it will be interesting to see how it is going to be interpreted as to how practicing blacksmiths will be affected.

There are already rumours circulating regarding its implications, I just hope there is someone there who will be speaking knowledgably about it and looking after the silent majority’s interests.

It should prove a lively debate, even if it is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. We shall see, no doubt it will result in paying out money to some “organisation” but for what benefit will be interesting to hear.

Hi Sam, yes two consecutive events, I don't know about the camping facilities, I will try to find out.

I am involved with the Saturday seminar, but not directly with the Sunday one.

I am only the messenger, although I hope to be there for both days.

I believe the CSCS cards are already in place, and that they are to do with Health and Safety regs on building sites for various occupations.