Alec.S

Show me your shop!

Going for it. 

7 years saving, dreaming and working out of a broken down unsuited space for hot metal. Perseverance and patience. 

Ran out of time to pour slabs and retaining wall this fall. No sweat, it can settle over winter. Resuming in spring. More pics to come. 

16' x 24' when finished. 

KIMG2194.JPG

KIMG2383.JPG

screenshot_20190904-065643.png

Edited by greenskpr
Additional pics

I love Upstate NY,  Such a beautiful place! So you tore down that building? Looked pretty nice from afar.

5 hours ago, marcusb said:

I love Upstate NY,  Such a beautiful place! So you tore down that building? Looked pretty nice from 

Thanks,  marcusb & jlp. We moved here from Wisconsin 20 years ago for a job and we've been fortunate. We love it and trying to make the most of it. 

The previous structure housed my wife's car had like 10% grade to the floor and was asphalt, which I found if you spill molten aluminum on, is flammable. Science!

Too cluttered and full of our junk to make a safe place to form metal. The new place will be two buildings, one for car and seasonal junk and meat freezer, and the other a small but well appointed shop. I don't need a massive space, just some place to get it done and not set the car on fire.

1 hour ago, ThomasPowers said:

Lots of good metal salvage in a car....just saying...

:lol:

My old champion "RR forge" was a down draft model missing most of the parts and came to me with a Volkswagen hood as the hood back of the downdraft hole.