I Forge Iron

Show me your shop!

On 12/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, Charles R. Stevens said:

Think mesothelioma and Asbestos. We have at least one member with 50% lung capacity do to ceramic insulation in gas forges. 

I thank you for the concern. I will research up on these before continuing. I'm a nurse in the ICU and I have taken care of my share of wizened brick layers and construction guys now doubled over on O2. I have a micron 3M respirator I used for everything thus far, but I will hold further until I have the proper covering in place. I thank you all for the advise. Looking forword to sharing soon. 

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

90 kg !!! That's a pretty serious anvil! Doesn't look that big in the pic. You did a great job to make that. Is the horn square for any reason?

And yeah, people have questioned my sanity, as I'm banging away over a hot anvil in our midsummer. Lots of sweat on the anvil today. I think why am I not at home in the aircon watching the test cricket on TV?

It is solid solid man!!  Part of the reason is it is basically a solid steel box, so you have a huge amount of mass throughout the entire anvil.  The anvil is all done on CNC,  I only made the horn flat on the prototype because I was not sure exactly how I wanted to shape it.  I will likely ease the top edges slightly and then the bottom edge stronger, coming to basically an oval shape at the end. (using my BAAG big xxx angle grinder!)  Once I decide on the final form I will make another prototype.  I hope to market these if I can get the shipping logistics figured out.  Because they are CNC, I can offer some customizing features for the user/buyer.  

Upsetter,  You better just hang it up because that space is just terrible......Just kidding of course!  Many of us can only dream of a dedicated shop like that with all those goodies.  My power hammer only comes in the right hand or left hand version powered by breakfast and lunch.  Someday.............Ahhh, I can dream right?  

Seriously, nice set-up.

18 hours ago, MC Hammer said:

Upsetter,  You better just hang it up because that space is just terrible......Just kidding of course!  Many of us can only dream of a dedicated shop like that with all those goodies.  My power hammer only comes in the right hand or left hand version powered by breakfast and lunch.  Someday.............Ahhh, I can dream right?  

Seriously, nice set-up.

Lol, 

thank you guys ! It’s still developing as I get it all set up.

Happy new year to all of you 

• 4 weeks later...