I Forge Iron

Show me your shop!

Nice looking shop you have there John. There's nothing like a power hammer to make a guy start thinking of larger projects is there?

I make my mallets from baseball bats I pick up at garage/yard sales. The ash is a lot more durable than anything else I have available for reasonable.

Frosty the Lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Here's my little shop, it's a bit of a pig sty as it turned into a storage unit while I was gone journeyman-ing.

77071_1646280847854_1561909122_1608746_1

I am reorganizing everything including the new stuff I accumulated in a year including the New (to me) mankel forge and anvil. More pictures of the reorganization when it's done.

Also here is a shot of my Chuck Robinson anvil, my pride and joy (or one of them I should say)

72269_1645964639949_1561909122_1607906_4

It is 2 feet of 5 1/4" square double melt Crucible 1340 that came out of an Army munitions plant that closed down, they were using the 1 foot long billets to forge 155MM Howitzer rounds. So essentially I am forging things out on the nose cones of howitzer rounds, I love it.

• 11 months later...

My shed Shop from the outsidePA310183.jpg

Starting from the left as you enter the big door and rotating counter clockwise.

Garbage can, yard tools and Trenton #2 156 lbsPA310181.jpg

Trenton #2, main forge and quech tank and the start of Trenton #1PA310180.jpg

Coal buckets, Trenton #2, POS ASO, the chimney for the forge ( it runs out the window, and removed when not in operation)
PA310179.jpg

Back wall of the shop holds the banner and the bikes. You can also see the hammer/ tong rack.PA310178.jpg

Start of the right side of the shop. Baby tiller and storage cabinet for chainsaws, yard and garden paraphernalia, and safety equipmentPA310177.jpg

Gloves, extension cords, aprons, metal storage, vice, grinder and spoon block.PA310176.jpg

"Display" door, portable forge, and lawn furniture for spectators.PA310175.jpg

thanks, dodge! but that is my old shop! ;) ... the wire brush on the grinder isnt all that bad really... i've jammed my hand into it running many times and it is not painfull...leather gloves in my opinion would be a very bad thing to wear while operating machines like that... because if it gets caught... you'll just get sucked in by the machine, lose all controll and then, it will hurt when you jamn up the machine...... also, this one is not as dangerous as other machined like this because it has such a weak motor... very easy to stop... :) :)

• 3 weeks later...