I Forge Iron

Dad Scored today

Its not marked with a name but from the look I think its a Hay Budden... Marked 365lbs, actual weight 360

I havent seen it in person, he lives 600 miles from me.. but from the pics I would say its a fantastic anvil.... 4250567490_ac1f80e87a_o.jpg
4250567502_fb94945825_o.jpg4249794087_13d31f0f2c_o.jpg

Id tell you what he paid, But I dont want to hear it from all you guys who say... " I wouldnt pay over a $1/lb for an anvil.. I paid $16 for my 800lb'er" or what ever.. I think it was a fair price... matter of fact If he has second thoughts I'll gladly give him back his money..

Id tell you what he paid, But I dont want to hear it from all you guys who say... " I wouldnt pay over a $1/lb for an anvil.. I paid $16 for my 800lb'er" or what ever.. I think it was a fair price... matter of fact If he has second thoughts I'll gladly give him back his money..

I agree, theres always someone to better the price. Given who you sold that nice anvil to- It was a smok'in deal

I've paid to much and not enough for many things. In the end, as long as everyone is happy :D

Can you get a shot of what the bottom looks like and if there is a number on the front base under the horn?

Its got an hourglass impression on the bottom.... part of a serial number on the foot under the horn and a weight mark..... I'll see what I can get my dad to do or the next time Im down there I'll try and get a pic....(he is 660 miles from me though so it might be a bit)

Its got an hourglass impression on the bottom.... part of a serial number on the foot under the horn and a weight mark..... I'll see what I can get my dad to do or the next time Im down there I'll try and get a pic....(he is 660 miles from me though so it might be a bit)

If the "hourglass impression" is created by the edge of the anvil base projecting slightly down past the base then it's strongly indicative of it being a Hay-Budden, in quite nice condition and a good size for some heavy work!

I believe that Anvils in America can map the serial number to a date too!

I agree, theres always someone to better the price. Given who you sold that nice anvil to- It was a smok'in deal

I've paid to much and not enough for many things. In the end, as long as everyone is happy :D

Oh, well said. I concur with you.

Kevan

If the weight marks and serial number are on the front foot its probably a Trenton. My Hay Buddens all have the weight mark on the side serial on the foot. Looks like a great one. Price just depends on how much ya want it.
Was offered $150 for my first. A 37 lb track anvil with everything on it. He wanted it real bad. But no sale.
Spent way too much time on it. 1 day after finishing it I had a real anvil. 1 week later I had another. Still use the little one.
Ken