I Forge Iron

Neat Cemetary Iron Work

This past Saturday I rode into Richmond Va. with my wife to search out the resting place of an author she is reading in one of her college classes. While there I saw some really cool things. Hollywood Cemetary is the home to many famous confederate generals, and presidents, along with many other notable people important to America, and to Virginia. Here are a couple of things I did snap a picture of.

The first picture is a neat gate leading into a family plot. Super old stuff. Early 1800's head stones, and the gate had no welds and was all riveted.

The second picture is of James Monroe's piece of property. From what I could tell it was mostly cast iron with some forged bars mixed in. I guess when you are a president of the United States you can have something like this! :-)

If you guys are ever around the area you should stop in just to peak at the iron work. I feel lucky to live an hour or so from such a history rich city. I am going back for more pictures of the boundry fence and main gates...

Peyton

681.attach

682.attach