I Forge Iron

very spiffy!

Change is always tough on everyone involved.
The members want their old familiar forum back and the admin folks want a forum that runs more smoothly and doesn`t require as much time away from their other responsibilities (like family for one).

Members will adjust to the changes,we always do.
Admin will make the needed adjustments to carry the old into the new.They`ve worked long hours during an already trying season to make this happen for all of us.Try putting whatever initial disappointment you may feel aside and see this for what it is,a way to move this great forum forward.
I want to thank Glen and the rest of the crew for the time and trouble they`ve gone through in order to let us kick back and enjoy this new site going into the new year.It`s become such a part of our day to day lives that we take it for granted sometimes and forget how much work it must be to keep it running and moving forward.

Take a break guys and enjoy what`s left of the holiday season.We`re in good hands here as we`ve always been.Things will get fixed and before you know it the forum will be back,only better.
Might be a good idea to thank all those people who make it happen for us every day and put the criticism aside in light of what they`ve accomplished while we were all enjoying time with the family.

Thanks again Glen and crew!

Thanks Bob, I wish I had said it so well. What you said I thought was worth reading again!
Ted Throckmorton

I have no idea of how to use this new site, so here it goes. I am going to push this button and see what happens! :rolleyes:

I would also like to thank Glenn and Andrew for their hard work and everything they have put into this site and I will be ordering more shirts in the near future I am proud to be a member
happy new year to all

Glenn,Andrew, thanks so much for all the hard work you do to keep IFI up and running!

I like the new look. I'm eager to see what new options and possibilities this new format will offer.

I especially like the new chat room.......easy to read and seems to be working great!

I'm just now learning where all the buttons are....but blacksmiths are supposed to be adaptable. I'll find them! :D

Thanks again, james

• 2 weeks later...

It always amazes me the amount of people that will constantly complain about things that are FREE and done with their best interests at heart. The level of personal sacrifice for this site both in time and money is too great for me to even want to begin to understand.

I have been on this forum since 2005 and have met several great people who have shown and talked to me about doing some really great things. You have a place to have open discussions with people like Hofi, Aspery, Brazeal, and others to learn from them because of the work that Glenn, Andrew, and others pour into this thing...not because they have to, but because they WANT to for the good of this community of smiths, and the good of keeping the blacksmith traditions alive.

IFI crew I have said this in the past and will say this again today, and in the future as well. Thank you for the work and dedication you put forth here with this forum to give everyone a place and opportunity to learn, experience, and share the great treasures of blacksmithing on all levels.

To those complaining....it is down right rude to constantly complain when a guest in someone else's house. Instead of adding to the complaints why not become part of the solution. That or...leave.

Sorry all for the rant...
Peyton

I just want to throw my two cents in. I do software development for a living and what Glenn, Andrew and everyone else has done in such a short time is nothing short of amazing. I think that we already have a better site than it was, it is just different and will take time to get used to. Given the fact that this is an all volunteer effort we should be even more great-full to these folks.

And Glenn, while I did not help in the effort if you want to PM me I'll be glad to make a contribution to the fees you dole out to run the site. Maybe we should all pony up a few bucks to help the effort and take the strain of Glenn and company.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work.

My two cents......

To say IFI is free is misleading. Glen, Andrew, and the people behind them, do alot of work on the site, pay for the out of pocket expenses, and monitor IFI. IFI is not so free when you take into account all of this. We share this site with each other in the form of ideas, projects and experience. The sharing of all of this information on IFI, and the interactions help to promote the art of Blacksmithing for the new and experienced. Alot of other forums have free sections with the enhanced (payed membership) areas giving the "blueprints". These other forums are also clogged with ads.

I think what Glen and the crew do with IFI is the best form of promoting Blacksmithing in all it's forms and I thank them for providing this free knowledge archive. I hope to be coming here for yrs to come.

DennisG

• 1 year later...

For all those that supported our efforts from December a year ago, THANK YOU.

In the last 15 months we have upgraded and added new features and sections. There is another thread on the site improvements, features and sections in the spring of 2011.

In order to keep current this thread is closed.