I Forge Iron

Demons

Hiya folks.

A friend of mine ordered an ornamental Cthulhu mask from me to be given as christmas present to some other friend, thought to post a picture of it.

To those who might not know, Cthulhu is an ancient god of chaos found in the literature of horror novelist Howard Phillips Lovecraft.

I'll throw in also a pic from this demon head I made last summer by casting bronze, it was my first lost wax cast and I'm quite pleased of how it turned out.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

post-1-12622927461888_thumb.jpg

post-1-1262292749864_thumb.jpg

Lots of us out there; I currently have "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl ftaghn" written in the dust on the side of my pickup by my eldest daughter---she translates it as "wash me" but I was so tickled I told her I wasn't going to wash my truck till it wore off.

Is your top mask lined with velvet for wearing to parties?

Thomas: The mask is not to be worn, just an wall ornament, about 30cm/12" high. The colours are made via heat treating.

Smithy1: I don't have my own setup just yet but once I get my forge up and running next summer I plan on also setting up casting equipment.

Thanks for your comments people.

... I currently have "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl ftaghn" written in the dust on the side of my pickup by my eldest daughter---

Sounds like you have a wonderful kid! :)

I googled on the phrase and found:
http://lawrencetexts.wetpaint.com/page/Ph%E2%80%99nglui+mglw%E2%80%99nafh+Cthulhu+R%E2%80%99lyeh+wgah-nagl+ftaghn says that "Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah-nagl ftaghn is a line from H.P. Lovecraft's classic The Call of Cthulhu. This translates as "In his house at stone R’lyeh, Great Cthulhu lies sleeping"." Have you checked what might be sleeping in your truck's "bed"? :D

• 3 weeks later...

I had funny day at work. Had my first few go at forging a corkscrew (with those great instructions by Mr. Hofi) and failed totally each of 'em, nevertheless it was funny, I even managed to set my pants on fire :lol: .
I also started working on a small axe (for camping purposes etc.), now I just need to forge weld in a piece of spring steel to make the blade.

All in all very funny day, maybe few cups of coffee too much. :D