I Forge Iron

Hello all...

kodiak93657

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Brett, I'm in Sanger, CA, and I just finished all my certs in "manufacturing tech" at Reedley College (welding, machining, with a smatering of electricity, hydraulics, blueprints, and materials), and that's what got me interested in forging... I guess I've developed a thing for shaping metal. So, HI!! and salutations. I'll probably ask all the silly nubie questions :rolleyes:, so please bear with me. Thanks in advance for the knowledge I'm sure I'll pick up here.

Happy Hammering!!

-B

Welcome to the group
Ca has a very active blacksmith association
So to the home page then search groups for contact info.
You might have a neighbor involved and dont know it.

Also click on CP at the top of this page and put in your location in your header
Thanks

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Brett, I'm in Sanger, CA, and I just finished all my certs in "manufacturing tech" at Reedley College (welding, machining, with a smatering of electricity, hydraulics, blueprints, and materials), and that's what got me interested in forging... I guess I've developed a thing for shaping metal. So, HI!! and salutations. I'll probably ask all the silly nubie questions :rolleyes:, so please bear with me. Thanks in advance for the knowledge I'm sure I'll pick up here.

Happy Hammering!!

-B

Welcome aboard B, glad to have ya. If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it can make a difference. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

So, tell me how a guy in Ca. ends up with Kodiak for a nickname. Maybe you chew Kodiak, the only bear you'll ever pinch?

Frosty

Frosty:

6'5", 325#, 57" chest.... I was told once upon a winter's moon that I resembled a naked Kodiak Bear.... and it stuck;). (though I don't really think I'm tall enough, LOL)... though I used to pinch kodiak, but that was long before the nickname.

thanks for the replies, and I'll update my profile straightaway.

-B

Edited by kodiak93657