I Forge Iron

Greetings all!

AnvilRage

Greetings all.

My name is Craig, and I consider myself a hobbyist blacksmith. I've been smithing at a local museum for about 3 years now and - pardon the pun - I'm having a blast!

I've become a member on this forum to expand my knowledge of smithing, make contact with other smiths and perhaps gather some info / history on my own military grade portable forge.

That's all for now. Time to peruse the site!

... perhaps gather some info / history on my own military grade portable forge......

Have you chosen a historical time period, and country of origin, for your military forge? It appears that military forges differ from country to country and for different time periods as they evolved from horse carts to full-sized four-wheeled vehicles, to eventually folding metal boxes, and from bellows to blowers. :) Edited by UnicornForge

Have you chosen a historical time period, and country of origin, for your military forge?

Actually, the forge I own was manufactured in 1954 by the Canadian Blower and Forge Company - a subsidiary of the Buffalo Forge Company.

I'd go into more detail about it in the 'Forges' section.

A hundred or so years ago,(seems like) I lived just up the road from the old Buffalo Forge building on Broadway in Buffalo N.Y. Back then I was just a teen and couldn't afford to buy anything from them.

My old stomping grounds as well. Buffalo forge is still there, making HVAC stuff I think, no more blowers, forges, etc.
Back in my dilinquency, er um, youth I mean, me and my fine upstanding pals sometimes frequented such notable houses of culture such as Mr. Lovejoy's, Mickey Rat's and Broadway Joe's. The drinking age was 18 then but we weren't quite that yet...