I Forge Iron

Want to try Blacksmithing

DEXTER

Welcome to the group
Ca has a very active association
Go to this home page and click on groups then your area to find contact info for the nearest blacksmith association.

Also to to the top of the page and click on CP and put in your location
Thanks

I did it for 15 years in inner city Coolumbus OH. Had one student who worked out of his dorm room, had a forge out back with the BBQ grills and carried his anvil back and forth.

Shoot with a 1 firebrick forge I've forged in the basement of my house when the winter was bad.

Ok I've up dated my location info, and will start my search for a blacksmith association near me. I am moving soon and I'll have a good size side yard that might make a good place to set up shop, My wife is concerned that the hammering will upset the neighborhood

Ok I've up dated my location info, and will start my search for a blacksmith association near me. I am moving soon and I'll have a good size side yard that might make a good place to set up shop, My wife is concerned that the hammering will upset the neighborhood

She could be correct...so invite them over to watch, and give them something you have made. Goes a long way. Shoot, you just may get them interested in this wonderful hobby/craft/art.

Now...Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I would also recommend taking a class or 30 from Mark Aspery. He is in your neck of the woods, or close enough. IIRC he is in Oregon but like I said, that's close enough! Would be $$ well spent. There are others in CA also to take a class from. But joining the CA group would be a good first step. Enjoy.