I Forge Iron

Frank Turley demo

I was honored to attend a B.A.M. demo in St. Louis (11/21). This was at Lou Muellers shop. I hitched a ride with Joe Hurley. This is the first official smithing demo I have ever attended (this not counting watching Bill Printy in his shop Junior Strasil in his shop, Kieth Sommer at the Threshers shop and a couple of UMBA hammer-in's ).

I have known teachers my whole life of course and so have you. Frank is more than a teacher. He is an educator and a heck of a nice guy. The countless books I have read and the conversations I have had in person, online chats and email with other smiths in the past have been helpful of course and I am greatful for them all. If I had started with a trip to Franks school 30 years ago I would have had a better foundation and if I had the time today it would absolutely shore up the system and teach me new things. I have friends that have attended his school and he comes highly recommended. I

Edited by Ten Hammers