I Forge Iron

A new cross project

My wife brought home a pakistani P.O.S. if you catch my drift, so I decided to do one better, the first pic will show the original "Inspiration" piece, and the rest will show some stages of the project, I had some 7/8ths rebar, and thought that would look cool, I also am including some collar stock I made up, rough chiseled and peened, I tested a collar, and the jig will work fine, comments always welcome, lots of finish filing and other stuff to do, but this will give you and idea of my finished project.

When it is finished, I plan to hang the cross high in my garage, so no worries about injuries to people, I will wire brush it clean and then put a matte finish on it, perhaps some gilders paste not sure yet, but I think the Aztec Gold Paste would really look cool!

Well I got the collars on today, still need some sandblasting, filing and gilders paste, but this is it so far!! Lining up the bends while holding it all together was quite a challenge, which is why I chose this project, I have a long way to go, but bit by bit, I can see my skills progressing.