I Forge Iron

Ideas for a proper sendoff?

CBrann

Late Monday night or Tuesday morning, my father Warner passed from this world to the next.

He had been sick with a brain tumor for 7 years and a month ago got pnuemonia. After a week in the hospital, he passed peacefully in his sleep...

I have a question:
Is there a memorial ceremony I can do in the as part of a private sendoff for him?
He wasn't a professional smith, but he loved it and always said he was born a century or two too late.

thanks for reading and sympathy
Cliff Brann

My dad's name is Warner Brann,

thanks, I knew that I would get a simple, very meaningful ceremony from you gentlemen.

I'll be ringing his anvil Saturday night, 3 times....
again, thanks for the prayers and thoughts, and suggestions.
Cliff

my day off is tomorrow, and as the fire warms the shop, I will also honor the passing of a brother, one thought though, if he had a passion other than smithing, be it church or whatever, a project donated in his honor is a really terrific way to memorialize a friend no longer with us. we grieve with you brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff: There isn't much I can add to the excellent suggestions already made. I know I would be honored to be so remembered by my brother smiths. I came darned close a few weeks ago myself and am amazed and humbled by the outpouring of prayers and good wishes I feel in my heart have played a big part in my survival.

It may be a while before I can get Deb to let me go to my shop but I will say a few words and ring my anvil for your father Warren then. Peace Brother.

Frosty

As time goes by I realize that I don't have to be alone in this if I choose not to be, I have never met most of you face to face.. and I understand and appreciate the kinship you all offer... we are all brothers and sisters under the skin and across the world.
Cliff