Jump to content
I Forge Iron

Recommended Posts

I needed a cutoff hardie to fit a 3/4 inch square hardie hole.

The closest thing I had were a few Railroad Anchors.

These are steel clips that clip onto a railroad rail right next to a tie and they help keep the rail from slipping. They are installed onto the rail using a sledge hammer.

They are shaped like a flattened letter C and are about an one inch by one inch in cross section.

It hardened it in water and then tempered the business end to to straw color.

Works fine, but I can't find out what the material is.

Anyone got an idea.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...