Hofi

Tongs I forged last week

The 20 pers of ''eye'' and ''woop'' tongs I forged for Germany last week from
from c45 steel (improoved 1045)

The ''woop'' tongs are holding squer steel 2''x2'' or round or flat evey sahape one can not hold with regular treditional tongs .one can fined them in my 1000 hofi bp's
the ''eye'' tongs in this case are holding 1 5/8-1 3/4'' steel squer or round
i will preper a bp for them too
both the types i forge for different demention s too
hofi

Slitted with a 4mm slitter and drifted with a 20 mm drift then to the flypress with the v block under
Hofi

I appreciate you sharing your work with us newcomers in this wonderful and challenging trade. I am glad there are those who have taken their life's work to such a high level of skill and unselfishly share with others

Those tongs are quite beautiful. Would love to see them in action if you can get some pics of them holding stock.

Pics 19-23 sowing the ''woop'' tongs holding different type of steel hape this is the advantege of this type of tongs.
Pics 25-28 showes thw ''eye'' tongs with different type steel
pic 29 tong for 20x10 mm flat steel
hofi

17843.attach

17844.attach

17845.attach

17846.attach

17847.attach

17848.attach

17849.attach

17850.attach

17851.attach

17852.attach

Thanks Hofi, Those look like very useful tongs. Pictures of them in use is very helpful to me. Need to make some more tongs for myself!!!! Keep up the good work Hofi , and have a great day!!!

Gaylan

Fantastic work but somehow Hofi just cannot get the "character" I get with my tongs :)

Yeah, mine too ;)
I really like the style of the joint area, and also the cleanliness in general.

That's really universal type of tongs! I've been wanting to make a pair of the woop tongs for a while. I think that's my next tool project! Thanks for the photos and for motivating me to make a pair.

Mr Hofi thank you for a great post, always informative and an inspiration to all of us.

Cheers

Ian Ross

morning to all. I'm new to the site and i have been wanting to learn more about this trade for about 10+ years but havent had the opportunity to get involved. even now it will be hard to learn because I live in Florence, SC and the closest place to learn is Charelston, SC. I love welding, all self taught, and can post some pics later. any advice is greatly appreciated. (843)-319-2771