I Forge Iron

Any interest in carbide?

I am sorting through a bunch of carbide at the moment. The material is solid round stock that were in house made spade form drills. Most still have a 1" or so section that is full diameter, as anything 1.5" or better was kept to reform in house. Diameters run from .125 up to .500. and can be reshaped for a variety of different projects like; new spade drills, boring bar inserts, drills for removing taps, or silver soldered onto a shank for turning tools.

This material runs well over $100 a pound when we purchase it new. I can sell it two ways.

Unsorted - dump it in a box, and ship for $30 a pound.

Sorted for size-$40 a pound.

I am looking into the best shipping costs at the moment through UPS, and the USPS flat rate boxes depending on the weight.

I will also have some solid carbide slitting saws at a later date, as those will take a little longer to sort through.

I also have bar ends off of the machines. 7" long or so, copper, brass, stainless,and Beryllium copper. The first batch has been sold, and I am getting those orders together. The next batch will be done once those are out. I will give updated pricing for the next batch, once I get the material home, since scrap values are not constant.

All of this material has been purchased from the company I work for, and has not been back doored.