I Forge Iron

Hello Everyone

jo_nguyen

Well I am a senior high school student from baton rouge, and I have an interest forging and learning the blacksmith trade, I am completely new to it though I'd like to learn. Fascination in metalwork has bloomed from that

I have an even larger incentive to learn because as a part of a new thing at my school the "Senior Project" we are to pick out a topic that we find interesting write a paper and make a product on the topic. As part of said project we are to pick a mentor who lives in the general area and can tell us more about our subject. Eventually we also have to make a product to show that we spent time actually trying to implement our topic.

So I am was searching for local blacksmiths and I came across this site,
I looked into it and found quite a few local ones but I think this is the best place to seek a mentor. I would like to learn this trade even after the project and continue it as an occupation or a hobby. My email is jo_nguyen92@yahoo.com if you can help me I'd appreciate it quite a lot.

Thanks for Reading,
Joseph Nguyen

Welcome aboard Joseph, glad to have you.

There is an active blacksmithing community in your area, contact the AFC and make your pitch. Part of their mission is to teach the craft to all comers.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it'll make a big difference. IFI is represented by members in more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific. If local folk know you're around they can invite you to gatherings, tip you to tool deals and offer hands on help.

Frosty