I Forge Iron

Calling all Queensland - Gold coast blacksmiths, WE NEED YOU!

Mad Uncle Cliff

Just containing a chuckle here DE2! What's to be made? Do you have material and tooling? If I know what you want I might be able to sneak in at least a bit of the necessaries. Some of the missus' stuff could be jettisoned to make the weight restriction! The least I can do is 'ave a go for you.

also have a couple bags of charcoal and a couple of anvils. it should be noted, bush bugger (ifi member from mt isa) has offered me a $50.00 fuel card to help with my fuel, cos he cant be here in person, which i will accept with thanks.

thanks bush bugger for the TWO:o...fuel cards that were divided between ratel10mm and myself which was a big help. only took 1 roll, we will send you a set when we get around to getting them done.:D

thanks matt for the running around with the gear. and oops, found the ash dump in my box....bit of ash and duck tape will do. and dont cut that pipe!....lol Edited by double_edge2

Pipe? What pipe?? ;)

Yes, thanks very much Bush Bugger, that was very kind & is appreciated.

Thanks also to the Victorian crew for the great Tee-shirt and advice & tips. And beer! Although I couldn't be there long, and not at all on the day :C, I picked up lots of info that'll be very useful to me as I progress. Thanks a lot guys & ladies, and I hope you all got home safely.

Mick, I noticed the lack of ash dump, and I'm sure I can get around it. I'm also thinking to fire up my forge to see how it works with a depth of charcoal as compared to your forge - no, I won't use the lot! :D

See you at the weekend mate.

HI Guys I am glad ever thing worked out for you all and sounds like you had a lot of fun on the day also thanks to double edge 2 for the pics via the phone will have to get them on my computer some how .
will be looking you guys up next time I am down in the big smoke double edge 2 ,Rattle 10mm
I,also printed a how to make a leaf so will have to pull the finger out and have a go cheers guys Bush Bugger

Pipe? What pipe?? ;)

Yes, thanks very much Bush Bugger, that was very kind & is appreciated.

Thanks also to the Victorian crew for the great Tee-shirt and advice & tips. And beer! Although I couldn't be there long, and not at all on the day :C, I picked up lots of info that'll be very useful to me as I progress. Thanks a lot guys & ladies, and I hope you all got home safely.

Mick, I noticed the lack of ash dump, and I'm sure I can get around it. I'm also thinking to fire up my forge to see how it works with a depth of charcoal as compared to your forge - no, I won't use the lot! :D

See you at the weekend mate.

not too deep and dont put old charcoal with new. costs me 250 a batch. i already know how much it wastes, experiment with the stuff you bought. Edited by double_edge2

Back home safely now and in the middle of moving house!

Thanks guys for the amazing support over the demo, so many of the conference delegates finally GOT what the Tree Project was about when they saw the forging in action.

Only thing I thought of after the demo, was we should have got one of those thermal imaging cameras that records and filmed a leaf being forged.

I am sure many photos of the display and the demo will be on the Tree Project website soon, and appearing in The Drift magazine.

Cheers,

Cliff.

We're safely back home as well, although it was a shock to the system to be confronted with 8 or 9 degrees at the airport.

May I add my sincere thanks for all your help fellas as well as the good company. We have been blown away with the response to the Tree Project from the very start and I'm sure you'ld have picked up the same vibe at the conference. You have made a valuable contribution. There are a lot of Victorians feeling just that much better after the tragedy through your efforts. Great job.

Be sure to catch up next time you're in Melbourne.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

Hey everyone

I'm a first time poster. 

I know this thread is from 2009 so I don't know if I'll get a reply, but I'm on the Gold Coast and would like to get into blacksmithing. Would love to hear from someone if they are about or can point me in the right direction to meet some people. 

Cheers

Bart 

Welcome aboard...Bart

Check out the Everything Else section for the OZ Roll Call. Heck I'll link it for ya. (never mind I see You already found it).

You might also read this for help in getting the best out of the forum. It's full of tips like editing your profile to show your location so we won't dunn ya for it when answers require knowing where you are and our memories are short about that stuff. :)  READ THIS FIRST