I Forge Iron

Just Curious...How many have gotten a Tetanus Shot?

cbl4823

It is funny isn't it ? I thank the medical profession that I can be immune to horrific diseases like tetanus, polio, etc, whereas I have been to areas in the world who have not been so lucky to have access to these vaccines. Ask them about how their immune system coped on its own. Yes, of course for us it's all down to personal choice, just the same as I always wear my safety goggles...

Its funny you guys inject yourselfs with the very thing your trying to combat. Our immune system works good on its own and those shots might do more harm than good, thanks but no thanks.

Thank you for your opinion. For the rest of us that prefer informed information, the injection is not the same as what we are trying to prevent, whether tetanus or Flu, though it is a jump start of killed targets, intended to help get our bodies to fight back by creating antibodies.

Please read up about it, or better yet ask a real doctor, we try to pass on accurate information here. Not proliferate rumors and fears. People are free to use or ignore modern medicine as they choose. Edited by mod07
typo

you forgot the head lines at the main page Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com Don't want the members here to miss out on the report of the assassination plots by the CIA, or all the other conspiracy's they report on. IS this a sister publication of the National Enquirer or a competitor ? I didnt see the section about Elvis or the Children fostered by UFO's, are they is a secret file there?

LOL thanks for the laugh tho Edited by steve sells

off tetanus... this vid with blow your mind on vaccinations and the recent bird flu "HYPE"

If you watch the the first 3 parts, you'll watch all 12 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r4B9oIc0hA

The videos are part of a 2 hour lecture that discusses conspiracy theories concerning vaccinations, etc. The videos are referenced here for information only, as it relates to the subject of tetanus vaccinations. If you wish to discuss conspiracy theories, go to a conspiracy theory venue, as that is where you will get the most up to date information. There are several good conspiracy theory web sites out there. IForgeIron is not one of them as we deal with blacksmithing.

Edited by short swing

A couple of years a go several companies that made tetanus vaccine went out of business. So the medical community "rationed" for a while, because of the threat of a shortage. It takes about 120 days to make a batch, and the companies still making it had to ramp up production to continue to provide it. I haven't heard anything further on it, so I guess the vaccine is now available easily now.

As for the most recent shot for me, I got measles in one shoulder and Tetanus in the other shoulder, in 95 for college.... never do that... my shoulder ached for 2 weeks... I guess its time to put that on the list o things to do....

A guy I work with was walking in the woods, got scratched by a thorn. 2 weeks later he spent 2 weeks in the hospital, with septicemia ( blood poisoning). Not a tetanus infection, but he would have had a shot instead of a hospital stay. The doctors were talking about taking his hand off because of the infection. 2 months later he is still recovering. The moral, be careful, keep you shots up, and clean up wounds well!!

Folks; if you depend entirely on your Dr to keep up with your health you are "leaning on a weak reed" as most of them are terribly over worked these days. I know my Drs do a quick read of my folder right before they come in the door and lots of times I get the "why are you here today" when my answer is "because you told me to come back today".

I have read historical accounts of folks dying of lockjaw, John Roebling chief engineer of the Brooklyn Bridge died of Lockjaw due to an accident during it's construction. The fact that it hasn't happened to you yet does not state much about the future----I spent 30 years before I had to have my appendix out and was 48 before I became diabetic.

It's *cheap* insurance! My great grandfathers died in their 50's and my father is already 20 years older than that and I sure plan to beat them!

My doctor's office uses these mini-laptops for everything. They look like netbooks, but they've had them for years. Anyway, anytime someone, doctor or nurse, goes to see a patient, they carry that in and look up records and enter new ones. Things like maintenance shots, regular medications, etc. show up on the main screen as when last performed and when due. So I'm pretty sure they'll let me know when I need something.

You want to make sure you're up to date on your tetnus. If you do anything that can cause a puncture or deep cut. The bacteria in question are what are known as anaerobes, as in they need to have no oxygen to grow and produce toxins, hence the punctures and deeps cuts. The bacteria produce a toxin, like it has been said. The bacteria itself is usually the easy part of getting rid of the problem. However, the signs are caused by the toxin itself, not the bacteria so once the signs show up, you have very few options for treatment and you are still laid up with the muscle spasms and such in the meantime.

By getting your immune system primed by the vaccine, it is ready to bind up any of the toxin that is produced before it is able to affect the nerves and cause the signs.

I don't know the numbers for people but in cattle, the prognosis for survival is >20% with treatment, if you get the disease. It is probably much better in people but still, I don't want to be conscience while my muscles spasm as tight as they can get.

• 3 months later...
This site says..

"The researchers speculated that married men live longer because they adopt healthier lifestyles and take fewer risks. Married woman, on the other hand, probably live longer because of the improved financial well-being that comes with marriage."

but i'm not sure there's all that much fact or science behind this yet.

*I* heard said...."Married men live longer....really, it just *seems* that way!"

LOL

David (married 16 years):D:cool::rolleyes: