I Forge Iron

MacPherson the Junk Yard Dog

I have a good friend who keeps me in supply of odd things as he owns a junk yard, so I thought I'd build him a Junk yard dog. It is called "MacPherson" as he was made from a MacPherson Strut among other things like a rabbit trap for his swinging jaw/teeth, trailer ball hitches for eyes, a dutch hoe for a head/face and an assortment of different feet (Character Building). He has a bottle of wine in his belly to encourage him to be kept indoors. He's proudly displayed in my mates lounge and gets a lot of praise from visitors.
14683.attach 14684.attach

To date, he hasn't bitten a soul nor made a mess.
The perfect pet LOL.
Chris

Robert U might be onto something there. The spring Manufacturers refer to the diameter of spring material as "Wire" size. Although I think more a hybrid -a bitser (bits of this, bits of that). LOL
Sloscheider thanks for the comments.
Welder19, My mate is always sending me home with a boot load of junk for free. Last week 2 metres of 3 " hexagonal bar (solid) followed me home gratis. I felt obligated to make something for him as he never charges me. I service his trucks and fork lifts on occasions though. Get busy and make him a dog, copy Macpherson as he is not registered LOL

MacPherson's a springer obviously you can tell by body type and his strut.

Junkyard critters go through popularity phases, it's been a while since I saw much. Maybe it's time for a comeback?

Cool critter.

Frosty

John W, The rabbits down here are usually normal except around easter when they go beserk delivering chocolate eggs lol. Traps are banned now. They are small enough to set with 1 hand if your strong in the grip department. They worked fine but very cruel on the animal, usually breaking legs and often being dragged down the burrows resulting in a slow and painful death. (Makes it hard to deliver those chocky eggs with a trap on your foot too). Frosty, definately a springer, I made a few crocodiles with suspension coil springs that I flattened out under a fly press. Not so springy when its hot.
Fat Pete not much goin on in this old head but I posted a few pics in the sculpture section of this forum - that might give you a clue (signed Clueless) lol. FP Nice chatting the other day (night here).
Jedsdad Thanks for the comments. I also get a lot of inspiration from the blue prints. and various sections of the forum.
Bentiron 1946 The cork is fine - I mentioned that he has never made a mess. besides I was trying to avoid someone (listening frosty) suggesting to shove a cork screw up his arrr bottom. Clever Idea though! I made a cat called Claude (clawed) similar to MacPherson. He is a Tom Cat as he has a couple of nuts welded back there somewhere.
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments.
Chris