I Forge Iron

Belt Sanders

sqeezplay

Looks like in the pics some people might be making use of caster wheels like this one on their home made grinders. How are those working out? Do they vibrate or are they out of round? Did you have to have a hole to mount bearings machined thru the middle or did you just use an appropriate sized bolt for an axle? Looks like the one in that link has bearings in it already, although not really the appropriate kind.

Anyways, didn't mean to hijack your thread sqeezplay. I built a DIY grinder also, video here and more info in this other thread. Some pics in my gallery here. A pdf scan of the plans i drew up so you can see dimensions here. (don't trust the parts list on the left of that pdf, that was just notes i scribbled for my trip to the hw store, you should figure out the parts you need as you go along, most of which depend on what other parts you scrounge up)

I based my design on some designs I found on the net (links in that thread) but you can basically rig up anything that works, just make sure you have some mechanism for adjusting a tracking wheel and don't go too cheap on wheels or you risk causing vibrations from un-balanced or out of round wheels.