I Forge Iron

Hello from West Texas

kubiack

I have been a member of the forum for a while now but have not posted until just recently. In doing so I thought I should also introduce myself. To make a living I write computer software for a cotton cooperative. Being an 8 to 5 desk job I like to get out in the shop and do something physical with my hands when ever I can. I have been welding and doing metal fabrication for quite a while and have recently started collecting the tools for forge work. I am very excited to get started; this is something I have wanted to do for quite a while.

As I stated I have been a member for quite a while and I have read through most all of the content on the site and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge. I do a lot of research on various types of forums for work and this forum has the best group of member of any that I have found.

Glenn thanks for putting together this site and keeping it in operation. I think you have one of the best public discussion forums on the web and the remodel looks great.

Brandon

Welcome aboard Brandon, glad you delurked.

I understand wanting to do something as opposite from the paycheck job as possible for a hobby. I used to be a driller with a second hat as the fabricator. We lived in tents sometimes better, sometimes worse, all over Alaska and I took up computers, then communicating via the web to contrast with the sometimes brutal "regular" job.

Playing with fire, hitting things with hammers, smoke, dirt, NOISE, a little blood and copious sweat. What could be better? ;)

Frosty

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really should have posted something in the intro section sooner. However, I recently move to a house that has a detached workshop which I will be setting up for forge work; so I am sure I will have many questions in the months to come.

Frosty - If there is one thing I am good at it is sweating and I am really not too bad a bleeding either, the rest I will have to learn as I go.

There is one good thing about writing software for a living it makes it mighty convenient check out what is happening at IFI!

Brandon