I Forge Iron

Ebay offerings

All,

I found these listings on Ebay and wanted to let everyone know about them. The gentleman appears to be a retiring blacksmith in Alabama. He has three offerings in the blacksmith area.

1. A 200lb kohlswa anvil currently going for $309 US
blacksmithanvil 200lb,Sweden Kohlswa - eBay (item 320364245538 end time May-05-09 05:25:39 PDT)

2. A power hammer ABNO SWEDEN currently $610US
blacksmithing machine hammer - eBay (item 320364253233 end time May-05-09 05:59:20 PDT)

3. A collection of his tools currently $308US
large numbers of blacksmithing tools - eBay (item 320364259233 end time May-05-09 06:25:04 PDT)

I wanted to throw this out to the list as the auctions will be over in under 2 days. The pictures look good. Hope this is useful.

Brian

thanks for posting I wish it was closer to me... AND I had a way to keep the wife from knowing...

Good deals can be found on e-bay but now I must expalin in great detail every box that shows up on the front porch to my wife. :( She seems to think I already have enough toys. Silly Girl!!!

Ted:D

Looks like some good stuff there, definitely worth a closer look at if within driving distance.

One question for you e-bay savvy folks:

The items are marked for Shipping: $100 or $300 and also says "local Pickup"

Does that mean you have to go pick it up yourself and then pay the seller the shipping fee of 100 or 300 dollars?

........... She seems to think I already have enough toys. Silly Girl!!!

Ted:D

Sounds like you have not done a good enough job of explaining the concept of "He who dies with the most toys wins". :rolleyes:

Looks like some good stuff there, definitely worth a closer look at if within driving distance.

One question for you e-bay savvy folks:

The items are marked for Shipping: $100 or $300 and also says "local Pickup"

Does that mean you have to go pick it up yourself and then pay the seller the shipping fee of 100 or 300 dollars?

USUALLY this means it will cost x to ship but local pickup is okay and the seller will not charge shipping. It is always best to write the seller to confirm. I would expect shipping that low would be to a terminal closest to you and you still have to pick up there. If you work at a place that has a shipping dock then it might be that to get to you.

Brian

USUALLY this means it will cost x to ship but local pickup is okay and the seller will not charge shipping. It is always best to write the seller to confirm. I would expect shipping that low would be to a terminal closest to you and you still have to pick up there. If you work at a place that has a shipping dock then it might be that to get to you.

Brian

OK, thanks for the info. I like to watch the shipping section of the e-bay adds, I got burned by that in the past. (my own fault, did not look closely at the shipping cost) I paid a lot more than the small item cost me for a handling charge. :mad:

That shipping seems very reasonable for the power hammer if that is in fact to a terminal for pickup. But it seems very high if it is just to load it on a trailer or truck for you.

That last listing is located 15 minutes from me, and here I am without any extra money. Maybe I can find some. At the current price it seems a good deal.

I am just starting and learning the prices of equipment. What would be the most total you would pay for listing number 3 with all the tools? I know it is worth different amounts to each, but I am just curious.