I Forge Iron

Show me your anvil

just found the perfect base for my 200lb Trenton. I was at the scrapyard Monday and found this 100lb hollow stainless cylinder that I plan on filling with sand.The sweet thing was that I got the base basically for free, as I had a voucher for hauling in some old junk scrap a couple of months ago. I cut a top for it as the bottom is already sealed. The top is 1/4" stainless and once I fill it I will tack weld the top on and anchor the anvil.

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

I just bought this 50# anvil from a guy that deals in scrap. There isn't any markings on it and it appears to be cast. I'm guessing it was a ferriers (spelling) anvil but it's been around a while and used. One foot is broken off on the other side but it's still very useable. I'm just curious if anyone recognizes what it is.

0218170705.jpg

My first anvil!  Picked it up Friday, guy said it was passed down a few generations. No markings to be found but appears to be cast.  Good rebound maybe 80-90% with a ball bearing. Just under 150# 3+3/4 by 17 with hardy just over 1" (1 1/8?) Let me know what yall think, thanks!

.IMG_0121.thumb.JPG.1783880e988c2e7a816fbc630288a6e6.JPGIMG_0125.thumb.JPG.6bfd2267136928b90dcdbc2e540b28a4.JPG