I Forge Iron

Show me your anvil

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Looks clean enough to me, just be careful not to jam the spike in the hardy hole. It's an excellent traveling anvil size.

Frosty The Lucky.

Just set it in to show the hole size.  Not sure if she'll see use or not. I have a slightly larger Peter Wright I'm using now, but I'm searching for a shop size anvil, something around 200 lbs. or more. 

• 2 weeks later...

SWEET! Looks like the previous owner was a tin knocker, no wonder the anvil looks almost unused. That little chip will go away if you radius the edges which I recommend you do. Sharp edges are not desirable on an anvil but not a particular problem for sheet metal work.

Frosty The Lucky.

3 hours ago, Zeroclick said:

My new anvil I  just bought.

It is a Brooks 141 lb, not sure about the age maybe someone will know.

It has one chip about the size of my thumb. but nothing else and is a level as a snooker table. also got all the tools shown and a post vice.

20161030_110604.jpg

20161030_110544.jpg

20161030_110539.jpg

That's a  fantastoc find! Happy Forging !

5 hours ago, LeDrew said:

That's a  fantastoc find! Happy Forging !

I should really activate my spell checker when typing with my phone. **fantastic 

I'd work around that chip unless you have an idea for a specific benefit from grinding it into a smooth shape (as minimally as possible).

• 2 weeks later...

That's amazing, and awesome. I hope you have the time and resources to put it to good use. Of course, I have some anvil envy ... but it really just makes me happy to know someone has this and can help it keep working the way it was meant to. Thanks for sharing!

Blokman, while you are super sexy standing near that anvil..  some more of the anvil would be nice..  :)  Love the historical pictures also.

Foundryman,,    That's where they made it..  The building sank as they forged it out..

So, glad there are still some of these giant hand forged anvils around.