I Forge Iron

Show me your anvil

Pexto 925 Blow horn stake anvil in situ. Now home with me; hand wire brushing and steel wool are revealing traces of original(?) green paint. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision finding this in the middle of the prairie. I'd appreciate any input from those familiar with these, thanks.

Late to the party as usual

Pexto has a really spiffy tinsmith bench and stake system that the anvil shown probably came from.  Lots of great pieces for it and a great toy to add to the shop.  I didn't jump on a full set-up here last year that was $ 200 bucks and I've been kicking myself ever since.  (do an image search for "pexto tinsmith's anvil" or bench for lots more photos and more pieces.)

Now that you have one piece, you get the fun of searching for more in your travels.

157174488_set-of-6-blacksmith-tinsmith-m

The amount of mushrooming ground away shows on the sides at both ends of this 10# iron city rescue. Now a "sportsman's anvil" for our son, using a 4 1/2" angle grinder the other end was ground and polished quite flat and the cupped end provides some stability. 002.thumb.JPG.e6f1122921fa26eeee1948d3b1003.thumb.JPG.029792abb439aa25e85b54cf1e

19 hours ago, stuarthesmith said:

The Philadelphia Blacksmiths Guild, with 17 attendees, went to the flea market on a field trip today.  Ham Peek scored a 250 lb.  Peter Wright gem!  Maxim scored a 50 lb Fisher, and Dan scored a beautiful track anvil, as well as a ton of other stuff.  A good time was had by all

!56401143d1e5b_guildnovember2.thumb.jpg.556401162178d1_guildnovember4.thumb.jpg.5564011957f1eb_guildnovember5.thumb.jpg.4564011a97d035_guildnovember1.jpg.6a3fcf1

and we left five anvils there for our next field trip!

When is the next meeting and where in philly

I have a lot of fun with this set up.  I put it together over a year ago and works perfectly for me.  Yes it's small but I am heating and pounding small things and enjoying it.  Just wanted to share.

Yes I did build the base for the anvil and set the height specifically for me.  I also restored the entire forge and made the hood and chimney for it too.

Happy Smithing,

Lisa

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

25 minutes ago, mslisaj said:

I have a lot of fun with this set up.  I put it together over a year ago and works perfectly for me.  Yes it's small but I am heating and pounding small things and enjoying it.  Just wanted to share.

Yes I did build the base for the anvil and set the height specifically for me.  I also restored the entire forge and made the hood and chimney for it too.

Happy Smithing,

Lisa

Nice. I've been thinking about redoing my anvil stand, and this gives me some ideas.

On Monday, July 13, 2015 1:32:35, CIRON said:

H Boker 82, picked up today. Sandblasted it to clean it up a little but that's it. Anyone know what the 82 is? I have to weigh this to see the weight as the guy i purchased it from didn't even know what an anvil was for :) guessing 150ish. I am new to here, from Ontario, Canada, TO / Durham Region.

Here it is:

19648349172_a431851941_z.jpg

19034491943_bf2fb38f21_z.jpg

19655400015_da5b19b774_z.jpg

19467398918_9ecd46c766_z.jpg

Thanks
Chris

Hey Chris - that is beautiful - would you mind if I used that last picture in a power point I am doing at work?

Currently have 4 anvils. I'm addicted now I want to add to my collection.

Bottom anvil is a Centaur

Middle row right, Vulcan it pretty old an in rough shape. 

Middle row left is a homemade anvil from some railroad track

top anvil is a tiny little Enders 

image.jpeg