I Forge Iron

IFI bragging rights

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Brothers-in-Law showed some interest in my blacksmithing, so the family chipped in for a blacksmithing class at The Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown.
My son stopped in for a visit to proudly show everyone his "anvil shirt".

post-22216-0-75132400-1337742667_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Yeah, no mad truck driver waving a hammer at me this time.......but....
after the last guild meeting I stopped at graduation party with several fellow blacksmiths, at one point somebody came up and asked "so are you two blacksmiths?", considering I still had sweat and coal smudge and how I was dressed, I just pointed at my shirt , like, no I just wear this cause I think Wylie Coyote needs better PR.....("here's your sign" moment) (grin)
Woodsmith

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My main problem is that I don't know anyone in my area that is into blacksmithing.

IForgeIron is a physical resource as well as an information resource. In less than 2 hours two people responded that they lived in your area and were willing to help. Thank you for using IForgeIron. We are happy to have assisted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A while back Glenn asked if we'd post pics of our IforgeIron T shirts. By time I figured out how to get pics transfered from my new phone to my computer I'd forgotten where the thread was and can't find it now.

This summer Deb's boss was visited by her nieces and a friend. They saw Mark (Metalmangler) at the fair and asked their uncle Frank if he could get Mark to let them try. He asked me instead. They didn't want to learn blacksmithing, just give it a try.

I couldn't get Deb at a time she could take a pic or two so I had to make do. This was my attempt to get a pic of the front and back of the shirt and the projects the girls wanted to make.

Frosty The Lucky.

post-975-0-03038000-1416119006_thumb.jpg  post-975-0-96291500-1416118988_thumb.jpg  post-975-0-45000600-1416119063_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-74873500-1416160998_thumb.jpg

Oh man, I wore my bright pink iforgeiron shirt at a craft show yesterday and didn't get a photo! Oh well, enjoyed looking at yours Frosty, but who did you bribe to get an iforgeiron shirt with FROSTY on the back?!

Glenn surprised me with it. Don't worry Spanky I'm SURE someone will display pics of you and your shirt. Church craft shows, BBQs, etc. almost always get pics of folk who participated.

You'll have to ask Glenn, I believe he'll do custom shirts.

Frosty The Lucky.

all of them are custom,  Glenn makes the patterns, and then tries to get visitors to his house,  like me to do them for him ....

But silk screening is FUN Steve! Kind of like writing a book. Drop by sometime I'll introduce you to the fun and adventure of cutting firewood.

Frosty The Lucky.

Silk screen? Today you just load what you want in the computer and print out your iron on shirt decals.

Man it's been a LOT of years since I did silk screening in Jr High. We had to do the whole process, from making the screen, to printing up our shirts. Some where I probably have access to all the stuff to silk screen shirts. My Aunt ( who taught art) used to silk screen shirts for the local church camp program every summer eons ago.

Today I'm pretty sure my shirt guy does everything with the computer. You give him your pattern ( assuming he isn't doing that as well), and he scans it and prints out his screen mat. Then he simply silk screens what you need if doing a bunch. For one offs and so on I think he simply prints off the iron on shirt decals and irons them to the selected shirt.