Robert Mayo

Cable Razor

I have wanted to make a razor for a while so i came up with this. The blade is forged and flat ground from cable and the handle is professionaly stabilized chechen burl.
Thanks for looking.

Bob
Razor4.jpg

Razor3.jpg

Razor2.jpg

Razor1.jpg

wow! I love it. what size cable? are the rivets placed to keep the main body of the handle clean or is that traditional? very nice, I want one.

wow! I love it. what size cable? are the rivets placed to keep the main body of the handle clean or is that traditional? very nice, I want one.

Thanks
No it is by no means traditional the pivot pin is 1/8" brass with nylon washers between the blade and scales. The other brass pin is a stop pin so the edge does not contact the back when closed and the three small steel pins are there to hold the back spacer in. This was a small chunk of welded cable i had left from when i forged a bigger billet of 1 1/2" cable.

Bob Edited by Robert Mayo
More info

Looks very nice but looking nice and shaving nice are two totally different things aren't they? Nice wood too. By the way how does it shave or have you tried it yet?:p

Thanks fellas for the good words. I have not shaved with it and yes Bentiron you are right it has to shave nice to be a usefull tool. If it does not sell i will shave with it.
Bob

That's beautiful Bob.

Well done.

Frosty (who stopped shaving when he married a gal who likes the beard)

A real beauty there Bob. How much are you asking?

Matt (who is suddenly tempted to start shaving again simply as an excuse to own that piece of art...)

Thanks Frosty it's always nice to have some hair on your face in that north country.

Matt if you are interested shoot me a p.m and we can talk.

Bob

Is the blade ground from one side leving the other flat, or are both the sides ground so that the meet in the middle?

Is the blade ground from one side leving the other flat, or are both the sides ground so that the meet in the middle?

Both sides are ground to 0 on this one.

Bob

The only advice i have is don't try and shave with one those suckers are dangerous.

Bob

Is it a concave edge like in traditional razors or is it the standard straight edge?

It is flat ground like it says in the first post.

Bob