I Forge Iron

how to make a blower

new guy

new guy, i've been a working with metal for 35 years and a blacksmith for 19. I have a leaf blower on my forge that is plastic. What i did to make it work so it won't melt is i made a sheet metal connector that is just simply a straight sheet metal tube that fits around the outside of the leaf blower's air exit port and the other end of the sheet metal tube fits around the outside of the air supply pipe on my forge. Don't make the tube too long just about 4 or 5 inches long and just put sheet metal screws in it to fasten the tube to the leaf blower and air supply pipe. Keep your iron hot and hammer high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

fwiw-- don't buy those "reasonably priced" hand cranked imports. no matter the praise the seller puts on these, they are junk !!!!! a friend paid about $120.00 usd for one.

the shaft was so tight, it was real difficult to turn, and the paint job was smeared, and missing in places. the brand name was "zomax". let the buyer beware.