I Forge Iron

looking for bituminous coal in Massachusetts area

I've been having a bit of trouble finding bituminous coal in Mass. Anthracite is not a problem, but I'm trying to avoid that due to the problems others have had with it. Does anyone know of a decent coal supplier, preferably in central Mass, but I'm pretty open to all of southern New England.

One more thing....I tried the place in Braintree the do not exist any more.

Good to know, Thanks.
It was a long time since I've been by but they are still listed in the lists online . I did see a post lately on one of the forums regarding Aubuchon coal and it was favorable as well. Hope they keep handling it.

Dick

When did they go out of business?
I was just there a few months ago, are you certain they are gone?

I called not to long ago and got "this number is no longer in service"I am not sure of the exact date of the call. Hell I could have even dialed wrong...(good ole dyslexia strikes again) I think that I will call them on Monday. I would rather have a truly local supplier. Than have to buy from Aubuchan Hardware.

Hey while were at it, how does there coal burn?

Thanks

Best,

Archiphile

Good to know, Thanks.
It was a long time since I've been by but they are still listed in the lists online . I did see a post lately on one of the forums regarding Aubuchon coal and it was favorable as well. Hope they keep handling it.

Dick

The guy in the store says that he would be happy to order for me anytime I want. I have to go soon and get some more coal.

Okay did some scouting they, WILLIAMS COAL, IS still in business.

Welcome to Williams Coal, Oil, Natural Gas, Propane, Kerosene, Diesel

You can get a 50# bag of coal for $10.95

Or you can fill up your car/truck (obviously with some sort of container you bring) and they can weigh your car before or after.

They do deliver coal but you have to order a minimum of a ton. :P

Here is their correct contact info.

Williams & Sons, Inc.
39 Adams Street, P.O. Box 850310, Braintree MA 02185
717 Plain Street (Route 139), Marshfield MA 02050
781-843-0415

I guess I score because I have aubuchons around me in every direction and Williams is only about 30 mins away :)

From worcester to marshfield it's about 1hr 20min drive, but thats not really that far. Just come with some big containers and stock up. ;)

They are pleasent and easy to work with on the phone and they are expecting blacksmiths and small orders as well as large so I get the feeling that things go fast and smooth there.

• 7 years later...
On 3/30/2009 at 0:37 PM, Avadon said:

Okay did some scouting they, WILLIAMS COAL, IS still in business.

Welcome to Williams Coal, Oil, Natural Gas, Propane, Kerosene, Diesel

You can get a 50# bag of coal for $10.95

Or you can fill up your car/truck (obviously with some sort of container you bring) and they can weigh your car before or after.

They do deliver coal but you have to order a minimum of a ton. :P

Here is their correct contact info.

Williams & Sons, Inc.
39 Adams Street, P.O. Box 850310, Braintree MA 02185
717 Plain Street (Route 139), Marshfield MA 02050
781-843-0415

I guess I score because I have aubuchons around me in every direction and Williams is only about 30 mins away :)

i just called them and they have coal