I Forge Iron

Cutist little thing

I have my regular gasser taken apart and I needed to fabricate a few small brackets.
So I slapped this together.

It is a pinto bean can with an inch of kao wool in the back and around the sides. the chamber is about 3 inches deep by an inch and a half wide.

I figured I could make another one a little bit bigger and properly stainite and itc100 the interior and give it to one of my nephews for a birthday or Christmas present

12654.attach

The torch is a Bernzomatic JTH7 Hose Torch (JTH7)from Home Depot for about $25, running straight propane. after visiting their website, I see a new product, BZ8250 Trigger-Start Hose Torch, that would be nice for the trigger start.

with proper coatings and running MAPP , I could easily see welding temp in a matter of minutes

This little this is a perfect size for making small hooks, leaves and such. I even joked with my wife about taking it on vacation with a small anvil and assortment of tools. You know, for those days that you get bored. And she thought that was a cool idea.:o