I Forge Iron

first work

herby

hello everyone!
I just did my first project today!(sorry,no pictures for now!)and I am very happy about it.The first week I tried different trick I learned from you people (thanks to all of you)but the results were not the same.
and this week I said to myself it's time for a real project.It's a three flower pot holder and I must say I am proud of it.I will send pictures of it soon.
Thanks again.

Good for you Herby, nothing feels quite as good as making something with your own two hands.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it'll make things easier. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

And yes, please send pics. We love pics.

Frosty

As Frosty said, good for you Herby. Don't be too concerned with trying out a technique you found on this site then not working out for you the first time. As you have no doubt discovered there is a difference between reading about it and then trying it. That is how you learn to do new things though. Now that you have tried it you can figure out what you might have done wrong, and next time it will work out better. Thats the real beauty of this trade. You get to try things several times over till you get it right or at least are happy with your results. Keep at it and I can guarantee it will grow on ya! Happy hammering.

Terry