I Forge Iron

Looking for a power hammer/ trip hammer in Ontario

Hello, try looking up David Roberston, i have one of his hammers and i love it. i am thinking of upgrading the controls to the coleman style. also i looked at it a few times and i am not sure if it is still on Kijiji but if you look under the london Kijiji there was a 300# Beaudry Mech hammer it was on Kijiji for the lonest time. if you search for the Hawkeye powerhammer i know there was one for sale in Orangeville last fall. it may still be around.
Good luck!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you.

If you'll click "User CP" and edit your profile to show your location it'll really help folk get in touch with you if they're in the area. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

Frosty

• 2 weeks later...

Heard back this morning. The hammer is still for sale and asking price is $3000.00 I've seen it in person and it's a nice piece of equipment. PM me if you're seriously interested. I have permission to pass along contact info.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is relevant info or not.

I've been driving my Dad to work lately because his car retired, and when I got there the other day there was about 10 or so small presses/riviting machines (like 10 ton and under - I spoke to the manager who was there smoking and he said there was one more larger press inside that was either a 10 or 15 ton press) standing outside waiting to be sold.

The manager told me that some fella was interested in buying the whole lot of 'em, but he hadn't heard back - the fella had until the 15th of May I do believe - and after that if he doesn't come through they will be stripped of any good parts and sold for scrap.

These are just the old single rev trip clutch kick presses (I'm not sure if that's good technical jargon but that's what I know them as). I think the larger press may be a partial rev air or hydraulic clutch.

If these are of any value to anyone, I could drive to Brantford and take some pictures. They told me they would allow me to.

Willy

The company is called TACO Communications. Address is 29 Sharp Rd, Brantford, On. Minutes from Oak Park Rd 403 exit.

If you Google it, it's going to put the arrow in the wrong location... past the actual place... it's the place right on the sharp bend in the road.

Some of the smaller machines could be transported with a 3/4 Ton --- I THINK ---- Physical size wise anyway.

The largest of the bunch WILL require special treatment - either a larger truck or heavy trailer. The Boss there told me that it stood 8' or 10' tall.

Some the other smaller machines are mounted on table top like frames. I believe a few are free standing just smaller.

But really I only looked at these for a few minutes so if interested, it's best to call and ask for a peek.

Willy

try big blue for me the price is great and the tool works ive had mine for three years no problems and also if you drive down you will get the red carpet treatment josh and dean are two great guys who have definately got a good product available.