I Forge Iron

Dragon Weather Vein

wow i love that ! love how you say he faces the wind too. yeah lucky client - i would really be happy with that on my roof.. the color is really vivid which is cool too. i really like how youve made that! im going to lookin your gallery to see if this is characteristic of your work and if there are any more shots! thanks!

This stinks.

No, not the project -- that thing's off the hook.

But you're obviously younger than me and your forgework just had mine for lunch. AND you've probably got more hair, better teeth, and a nicer personality than me, too.

Stinks.

:rolleyes:

Leland

• 5 years later...

Most of the Dragons I look at are black , BUT YOURS IS GREEN and it looks original! Its a real winner. I have used a ball bearing in a large weather vane ,you need a round depression in the supporting strut and a larger hole in the top strut to slide over the bottom and a round depression at its end. But the hole has to be long enough to stop the wind from blowing the top  parts off of one another. From an original 1800 piece.

Great work, it looks fantastic!  Would you care to elaborate on the production process? 

is the dragon body forged, laser or water jet cut?  How much welding?  How did you make the head?

How much trial and error to get the balance right? 

and with wings that big, is anything holding it down on the pivot?

• 4 weeks later...