I Forge Iron

AILING FRIEND and BLADESMITH

sandpile

JOE CORDOVA of BOSQUE FARMS NM. has been sick and in the hospital. He has had pneumonia. He was released last FRIDAY and I talked to him on SAT. He was still weak and coughing. I called him back today to see how he was doing. He was in bed and still coughing and weak. He was the Chairman for the AMERICAN BLADESMITH SOCIETY for a couple of years.
We might ought to send some knee-mail to the place where it will do the most good. Thanks

Chuck Bennett

copied to PL

• 3 weeks later...

ALEX IVEY posted across the street , that JOE CORDOVA is back in the hospital. Seems he had a blockage in the intestines.. Sounds like he needs a little knee-mail for sure. JOE is 70 years young and really should not be messing around like this. If you folks knew him, you would really like him. He is a true gentleman and a very good knifemaker and instructor.
Thanks.

Sandpile

Copied to PL

• 2 weeks later...

My good friend JOE CORDOVA is still very ill. He has been in the hosp. 27 days and his Gastric juices are not working. He is still being fed with a tube. This little guy has had a lot of adominal surgery. He is going to have to start producing gastric juices before he can get out.
If you folks would carry his name to the church and help him out I would be deeply thank-ful as would KAY and JOE. They live in BOSQUE FARMS N.M. which is just south of Albq. Thanks a bunch.

Chuck Bennett

Copied to PL

We have some good news!! JOE was able to leave the hospital. KAY took JOE home yesterday. This is great news for all of us that have been so worried about JOE.
He was in the hospital 37 or so days. I would hate to have to pay the co-pay on this one.
Thanks to everyone that sent up some knee-mail and the rest for the kind thoughts. :wink:

Chuck