Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'home made'.
I finally cracked it with my old linisher that I made, had too many moving parts, which created too much movement and loss of tracking, One one needed to much repair so I built a new one, used the same base and tracking wheel though. Scored a treadmill motor from the side of the road with no electrics, Had to wire in a bridge rectifier from Jay Car to change the AC power from the wall to the DC power required. Had way to much power with out turning it down to I used a voltage regulator to put on some resistance to slow the motor right down, currently using a vacuum cleaner controller to do th
Been working on it for a while and was hunting down parts for it for a fair time. Managed to salvage the 2 wheels from a scraped belt sander, made the shaft out of a bit of bar and added 2 bearings I found to it. The welding is rather crude as it was my first welding project (they seem to hold) and first welder I have used. Just needing to attach the platter thing to the tool and I have since added a stick off my lemon tree to provide tension for the motor and the main spindle. Over all I am happy with it seem to have enough power to bite into material. Waiting for the ZIrconia belts to ar
Ok I got this piece of RR track for free but it's a bit different than the last piece I had. LAME BACK STORY First anvil was RR track horizontal with a bit welded on for a "hardie". It did pretty well until I got a 100 lb vulcan. Not top-o-line, but priced right. Now I have moved away from my anvil and am trying to make another to get me by until I can go get it. ACTUAL PERTINANT INFO The cross section of the track I have is smaller than normal. 1.5in by 1in or so (Will post pics tomorrow if I get time) and it wasn't very hard to cut through (though I didn't cut the last piece I ha