I Forge Iron

A tip of the hat from the grasslands of Kansas

Outlaw Farms

I've been a lurker for a while and decided I should probably go ahead and sign up. Smithing is a new hobby for me but am by no means a virgin when it comes to working metal. I learned to machine in H.S. a year or 20 back. My uncle was a farrier that I learned basic metal working from when I was a kid. I am also a licensed A&P mechanic. And probably most important from a practical experience perspective, I farm and have livestock. Unfortunately, as we all know; everything always breaks down during normal business hours, on a weekday, that happens to be sunny with only a light breeze and right in front of the shop.

I am already aware of the CSMA in Haysville and plan to start attending a meeting here and there. But, if there are any smiths north of Wichita, I would be honored to meet some new friends closer to my neck of the woods so to speak. And, if anyone has any leads on tools around the area, I would be much appreciative.