I Forge Iron

Centour Forge Hoods

A online blacksmithing site offers three different hoods. But they are all intended for 8" flue pipe.

I guess if I had an actual question, I would ask why a manufacturer of forges and tools uses 8" flue pipe when the consensus is that is too small. Who is right?

Some stores or merchants and do not actually use all the produces they carry, but rely on the sales pitch from their supplier. The new person buys the product thinking it must be good and fit the purpose, because they place their trust in the store or merchants recommendation.

Other stores and merchants have a working knowledge and hands on experience with the products they sell. If the product is not right for your purpose, they recommend one that is better suited for what you are doing. The end result is building a relationship and a loyal customer.

There may also be a cost difference between using a 8 inch flue pipe connection and a larger flue pipe connection on the product. The product may have been built to match the customers price requirements.