I Forge Iron

N.U.B. from Ohio

WY_Not

Just a quick intro.

Took a basic blacksmithing class last January and REALLY enjoyed it. No, I'm not one of those Forged in Fire flash in the pans. Got interested in blacksmithing WAAAY back as a kid in the '80s after watching some smith's work in the shop behind the machine shop where my Dad worked. Have just never had the opportunity to pursue it. Have worked as a machinist, an avionics tech, and currently a tech writer. After taking the class I've been going to open forge nights at the club (Southern Ohio Forge and Anvil, aka SOFA) and also acquiring the pieces I needed to be able to pound on hot metal in my garage. Have the hammer and a number of tools from class as well as previous careers. Bought the makings of a gas forge (except for the burner) before Christmas. Was nearly floored when my parents bought me an anvil for Christmas this year. Ordered two burners last week (arrived on Monday). Hoping the weather warms up enough this weekend so I can get out in the garage and start putting things together.