I Forge Iron

Hello from Edmonton

VainEnd84

I joined IFI, a little while ago and just came across this so here I am, introducing my self! I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I just recently got into blacksmithing. I'm running a small two brick forge which seems to be working well for me so far, though I am in the process of designing and building a larger forge with 2,  1/2" frosty T burners. Just trying to source some rigidizer and ITC-100, already have the ceramic blanket and some steel casing for the body.

I am also interested in the tool making aspect of blacksmithing. Haven't taken any courses yet but I am building a brand new coal forge. Will post it all with pictures soon as it is done. Been using an old charcoal bbq as a forge for 3 years now. You will learn a lot from Shawn. Just talking to him for a half hour when I picked up my hammer from him upped my game drastically. Can't even imagine what a weekend course would do. 

Welcome aboard Vain guy glad to have you.  Don't get too set on ITC-100 there are other products that work as well and are significantly less expensive. Take a look at Wayne Coe's website he sells good alternative products as well as everything else you need to build a forge as well as plans.

If you need a hand with the T burners give me a shout.

Frosty The Lucky.