I Forge Iron

Some nice center punches!

Made these center punches out of coil spring a little bigger than 3/4" that I forged square. One of them obviously has a pineapple twist, and the other has a cube twist. I was a bit worried about how the cube twist would effect the structure and was worried it would weaken it. Of course it did weaken it, but I don't think it will be an issue as it is just a center punch.

If you would like these center punches, you can get them at the silent auction taking place at the 7th annual combo/demo at steep hollow forge here in town!

Littleblacksmith

IMG_5526[1].JPG

IMG_5527[1].JPG

Thank you Latticino! You have a very good point! I will try and take pictures tomorrow, but for now, the smaller one is about 6 1/2" and the large one (pineapple twist) is about 7 1/2" long.

8 minutes ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

but I recognized it as a rock right off the bat.

Well now Chris, You're wrong! It is actually a piece of an old bring I picked up in a stream bed! well, that's what I think it is....Didn't see any other rock even similar to it, and there were lots of other old broken brick around.

Littleblacksmith

C-1 yes, unfortunately I do. Or maybe that's a good thing....

ianinsa- meant to say brick! haha.

Daswulf- same to you man, you do awesome work. Stuff that I wish to be able to do some day.

JHCC- I had never thought of it like that! No, YOU have a nifty idea! I didn't come up with it (though I will take royalties if you'd like:D)!

Littleblacksmith