I Forge Iron

2nd file knife

BlasterJoe

Well here is my second attempt at a file knife. This time I followed the step by step Glenn posted. The instructions were great and definitely helped me produce a better knife especially the heat treat portion. Thanks Glenn. I had trouble having the colors run the way that was explained but my thickness isn't as uniformed as it should be. That also contributed to a slight bend in the blade. It holds an edge well and still sharpened easily.

I made the handle from a cut end of a hammer handle. Used JB weld for the epoxy. Little mahogany stain and some oil on the handle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

11 hours ago, BlasterJoe said:

I followed the step by step Glenn posted. The instructions were great and definitely helped me produce a better knife especially the heat treat portion. Thanks Glenn.

Glad the knife worked out for you. Thank you for remembering to mention those that helped your succeed, and thank them in the forum.

Can you give a URL for the instructions you followed? Which Glenn did you refer to as there are several on the forum?