I Forge Iron

Hello!

B_HOSS

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I started playing around with "blacksmithing" in the early spring of this year.  I had some serious back problems (again) in the middle of the summer and it really put a damper on my progress. (Perhaps the whole lifting up metal moving it all around and swinging a hammer incessantly isn't the best hobby for me.) I do really enjoy it though and I finally feel that I am starting to understand it a bit i.e. I haven't burnt anything in half in my forge for a while. Anyways I'm excited to learn more and really enjoy my new hobby. I spend most of my time with my family. I love hunting and fishing. I used to tournament bass fish... hit me up with questions lol.

Welcome aboard B-Hoss. 

One things about the back problems, if you haven't already, read up on some of the posture, or hammer holding techniques discussed in a bunch of threads here. A little searching ought to find them. It might help you at least a bit. 

My oldest brother loves bass fishing and has done some more local tournaments. I rarely have time to go fishing and when I do it's for trout or catfish or whatever will bite the bait. :) 

I actually have looked into that. I have the anvil set at a good height, my forge... not so much. it will be the next thing I work on. my back injury wasn't from blacksmithing though its from being bullheaded and trying to convince myself im still as able bodied as I was when I was 21. Thanks for the reply. see ya around.