I Forge Iron

roll cantilever rack homemade

hello I should make a roll cantilever rack made at home for my small laboratory course safely shop to stock the bars of pipes and metal profiles to be placed in my back yard, to realize a warehouse store in order, pottete help me as I conceive and realize, looks useful advice and tips with

Mini-Tree-light-duty-cantilever.jpgcold_rolling_steel_pipe_storage_double_s

CantrackS.jpgCantilever+Rack+Information+Center.png

Components.jpg

Think about the length of stock you will be using. 20 feet long is usually outside and usually under some type of cover from the rain etc. Build a suitable foundation from paving stones, flat blocks etc to keep the rack stable and from contact with and sinking into the ground. You may want to consider storing stock on BOTH sides. That way there is less lever action to make the stand tip over. 

Inside, 10 foot long stock (or shorter) is a nice length. Diagonally across the roof of the shop is a consideration. Or make a flat bar that folds over the top of the wall, and attaches to the wall. Then weld on some J hooks or brackets to hold the stock using the wall as the main support.

One consideration is to put a small hole in the wall so the stock can be fed directly into the building, through the wall.

Pieces shorter than the height of the ceiling can be stood on end, and secured to the wall with a chain etc. 

the canopy is already done I have to build the rack, I bought the tahi H 100 mm for the brackets, columns can I make beams H 160 mm 2 meters high, the base of the lighthouse with adequate beams, without drilling the floor and walled with concrete, the base I can hope that a meter has not been reversed, should be enough thanks for your cooperation

399018478_163.jpgBar-Pipe-Cantilever-002-LG-SOLD.jpg

• 9 months later...

It seems like I’m a bit late in this conversation but… I’m an artist blacksmith fabricator and have been for about 15 years now. I’ve stored metals in many configurations including the way you’ve illustrated here but my most preferred method (if your ceilings are high enough and walls tough enough) is to store the material vertically with dividers for types and sizing…it seems to save the most of what people don’t have much of.. floor space. Also, the majority of the steel weight is supported by the floor with only a minimal amount of wall lean weight. The picture is too poor to tell.. (sorry, I pulled it from a video) but I also installed a anti kick out piece of angle iron at the floor level which keeps it in place while I’m rummaging through it to find the right piece. Any way, happy hammering y’all!

stock 01.jpg