I Forge Iron

Hii there

evaan

Tell us what you are doing and what you want to do.  I'm trying to talk my wife into taking my propane forge up to our house for Christmas; luckily I have anvils, tongs, hammers and tools already up at my larger shop!  I did convince her we had to leave after work today so I could go to the fleamarket up there tomorrow!

Well when I switched jobs my wife told me we were going to retire to the house we were currently in and I could could go rent a small place near the US/Mexican border (US side) as my new job was in Mexico....So I found a casita---small rental house where my landlord was smithing friendly and moved my travel setup down there so I could not go into smithing withdrawal.   (Then I recently got a concussion and was told not to drive for a while so my wife is down here with me so she can provide transportation services as she's retired already.)

So I have an entire week to play in my 20x60 smithy with walls even! And to use the large anvils!  And to visit my favorite scrapyard! And to sit in front of the woodstove's window drinking hot cocoa, and read (Science Fiction/Fantasy; and "The Edwardian Farm" and smithing Pattern Books from the 17th and 18th Centuries---I don't own a TV) And to be off the internet for 10 days.

3 hours ago, stockmaker said:

Evann, not all of us have two shops and a house to work out of, lol,    Welcome to the forum.

Huh, are you sure? :D

Thomas, I'm "home for the Holliday too, too warm here for cocoa though, mid to late 30's Celsius (my husky spends most of her day in the pool)so it's more like Grolsh or Heineken with the a/c on.

BTW. Welcome Evaan and as you can see friendly  folks from all over